Each year Georgia Military College provides an update to our Governor, and we recently did so at the end of August 2020. Even with the challenges of COVID-19 in the latter part of the year, we had a great one, and are starting the 2020-2021 academic year on the right foot. In our 141st year at Georgia Military College, we’re able to continue offering quality, character-based education in the state of Georgia.
Georgia Military College continues to provide pathways to success at our 14 community college campuses across the state, as well as at Georgia Military Global Online College.
- GMC offers 28 Associate degree programs and 5 Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree programs.
- Added 2 new Associate degree programs and a new BAS in Healthcare Management. Pending SACSCOC approval, a BAS degree in Homeland Security and Emergency Management will be offered later this academic year.
- GMC 50 articulation agreements with four-year colleges, and 44 of those provide GMC graduates with guaranteed admission.
- Over the past 5 years, we have seen a 32% increase in total number of graduates
- 91% of GMC’s 16,351 students call Georgia home, with GMC serving students from 139 of 159 counties in the state.
Georgia Military College’s 141st Corps of Cadets had a banner year offering military opportunities to U.S. Service Academy Prep Scholars, State Service Scholarship, Early Commissioning Program, Civic Leader, and Football Cadets.
- 42 Cadet Scholars received appointments to U.S. Service Academies – the most ever.
- GMC Georgia State Service Scholarship program continued to provide up to 42 new full scholarship awards to recruit and enlist Georgians to serve in either the Georgia Air or Army National Guard.
- Corps members provided community service in Central Georgia by volunteering 3,258 hours of community service, a 255% increase from the previous year.
Georgia Military College Preparatory School serves students in Baldwin County and surrounding communities in grades 3-12 and continues to excel in meeting the mission of “developing the intellect and elevating the character” of the students we serve.
- The GMC Prep School Class of 2020 continued its record of 100% high school graduation rate for the 10th consecutive year.
- 83% of graduates are matriculating to a Georgia post-secondary school this fall and 70% of graduates had the opportunity to do so under Georgia’s HOPE scholarship.
- As a part of our Dual Enrollment partnership with GMC, 43 of these graduates (80%), enrolled in college classes as a Sophomore, Junior, and/or Senior.
- GMC Prep’s AP program celebrated its third consecutive year of a 90% or higher pass rate on all AP tests taken with 93% or more of students enrolled in our AP program taking the test.
We are extremely grateful for Governor Kemp’s support of Georgia Military College as we continue to make a difference in the lives of our students, and in our communities.